Apple and cinnamon yoghurt cake
- Butter, for greasing
- 370g full-fat plain yoghurt
- 160ml olive oil
- 200g sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ tsp vanilla
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 Bramley apples peeled, cored and chopped into 1cm chunks
- 310g all-purpose flour
- 2½ tsp baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon, divided
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened
1. Heat the oven to 180˚C/160˚C fan/gas mark 4. Lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking tin with butter.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the yoghurt, olive oil, sugar, eggs, vanilla and lemon juice. Add the chopped apples and stir to combine.
3. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into the yoghurt mixture and stir until smooth. In a small separate bowl, mix the cinnamon, brown sugar and butter.
4. Pour half of the batter into the baking tin. Sprinkle with half of the cinnamon sugar mixture. Spread the rest of the batter over top, and sprinkle with the remaining cinnamon sugar.
5. Bake for 45-55 minutes, covering with foil towards the end if the top starts to get too brown. The cake is ready when a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Transfer the cake to a wire rack and cool for at least 20 minutes before cutting. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Per Serving 580kcals, 25.6g fat (5.2g saturated), 83.1g carbs, 46.3g sugars, 8.4g protein, 3.5g fibre, 0.318g sodium