We all have our favourite fruit or favourite veg – some people even have their not so favourite-
but there is one thing that is clear – we know what we like and are all trying hard to ensure we do
our best to eat at least 5 a day!
Here we show some of the main reasons we should be keeping our intake target up with the number 5- at least!
- they taste great!
- their colour & texture. Fruits and veggies add colour, texture … and appeal … to your plate
- their convenience. Nutritious in any form – fresh, frozen, canned, dried and 100% juice, so they’re ready when you are!
- their fibre content. Fruits and veggies provide fibre that helps fill you up and keeps your digestive
- they are low in calories. Fruits and veggies are naturally low in calories.
- they may help to reduce the risk of disease . Eating plenty of fruits and veggies may help reduce the risk of many diseases, including heart disease, high blood pressure, and some cancers.
- they are full of vitamins & minerals. Fruits and veggies are rich in vitamins and minerals that help you feel
healthy and energized
- so many varieties. Fruits and veggies are available in an almost infinite variety…there’s always
something new to try!
- they are deal as a quick, natural snack. Fruits and veggies are nature’s treat and easy to grab for a snack.
- fun to eat! Some crunch, some squirt, some you peel … some you don’t, and some grow
right in your own backyard!